Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can someone recommend a good, convenient restaurant for lunch in Anchorage, Alaska

Can someone recommend a good, convenient restaurant for lunch in Anchorage, Alaska?
My family (all grown-ups) is planning a trip to Alaska this summer. We plan to spend the first day in Anchorage, seeing the sights (zoo, botanical garden, etc.) and just basically relaxing after a cross-continent flight. I'd like to try to find a nice place for lunch - someplace quick, good food, NOT a chain, budget-friendly. Something where we can sit down and have soup and sandwich with coffee. I'll be driving a rental car in a place I've never been before (a TOURIST!) - so don't make it too complicated :) I'd like answers from people who live there, or have spent extensive time there. (I can search the travel/review sites myself. I want to know what the locals know - and I return the favor frequently by recommending such places where I live.) So - if you can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Other - US Local Businesses - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here this might help :) http://www.comevisitanchorage.com/restaurants/restaurants.htm/ My personal favorite is Birchtree dining. It hs some superb food choices, friendly staff and best of all it is not too far away!!! :) I went there with my granparents and it was very calm .

Search News