Friday, August 7, 2009

I want to move to Anchorage, Alaska for the summer. Any seasonal job suggestions

I want to move to Anchorage, Alaska for the summer. Any seasonal job suggestions?
I went on a two week vacation in Alaska two years ago and have always wanted to go back to live for a few months during the summer. I have enough income saved up for a round trip flight, but I would need a job while living there. I was thinking Anchorage would have a lot of openings. Does anyone who lives in Anchorage know if I would be able to find a job quickly while I was there? Also, do you think Anchorage is small enough to where I could ride my bicycle or take public transportation to my workplace?
Other - United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Oh ya, go see Sara Palin, may be she will find you job. Even if it is in Russia,it is not too far from her house. She can see Russia from her back yard LOL. Good luck kiddo.
2 :
Seasonal job suggestions for Anchorage Alaska: Carrs (Our Safeway) Title Wave (Used Book Store) REI Blaine's Art Supply (If you're into that thing) Century (Movie theater - always hiring) Red Robin
3 :
Most of the seasonal jobs here revolve around tourism and fishing. There are a lot of gift shops and hotels that hire in the summer. You could also apply with the cruise and tour companies like Princess, Royal Celebrity and Kenai Fjords. Those companies often offer lodging as well. There are some good jobs with the Alaska Rail Road, but they get taken pretty quick. You could always get a job fish processing In Whittier, it pays really well but the hours are very long and the work is cold, dirty, and back breaking.

Search News