Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have a connecting flight where I switching from United to US Airways. Will I have to re-check bags and pay

I have a connecting flight where I switching from United to US Airways. Will I have to re-check bags and pay?
I'm flying from New Orleans to Anchorage, AK and my first connecting flight in Denver, CO will be switching me from United to US Airways for the rest of the trip. I believe both airlines are under the same operation (branches of the same airline company). Will I have to pay another baggage fee and re-check my bags when I arrive in Denver?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe you don't . ( I have only done connecting flights for international flights only. not domestic but i believe it is the same). Usually, they automatically help you transfer your bagagges.
2 :
Well It depends because over the summer i went to England from Seattle And it went from Seattle To Paris To Birmingham, England and when i got to Paris i had To go threw Security Again even though im coming from the States and Stuff already did Security There so i Guess you wouldnt have to Recheck bags because you have to always do it at the Airport Your leaving From The 1st one so nope.Just ask at the Airport though! HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP :)
3 :
nope the airlines will transfer your bag for you both us airway and united are in the same alliance but they not owned by the same company they are still competitors on some routes
4 :
United and US Airways are different companies, but are part of the same airline alliance (Star Alliance). This means that with a United frequent flyer number, you can earn United miles on a US Airways flight (or a flight on ANY Star Alliance member airline), and vice versa if you have a US Airways account. These airlines have what is called an "interlining" agreement whereby they will transfer your checked bags from one airline to the other. This means that you will NOT have to collect your bags and recheck them in Denver. Rather, you can just proceed to your connecting flight and your bags should be checked all the way through to your final destination. In fact, I believe all the domestic legacy airlines (US, UA, AA, DL, CO) have interline agreements with each other.

Search News